Industrial Design in the Bathroom: Combining Function and Style26/01/2023
Industrial Design in the Bathroom: Create High-End, Stylish Aesthetic with Top 5 Industrial Designers
The bathroom is often the most functional, yet underrated part of the house. But when it comes to creating a residential space with a high-end, stylish aesthetic, nothing beats industrial design. By combining modern materials and geometric shapes, industrial design can turn an ordinary bathroom into something truly special.
For those who have always wanted their bathrooms to have a more modern, luxurious feel, here are five of the top industrial design professionals who can help you make your dream a reality.
1. Schuyler Samperton: This Los Angeles-based designer is renowned for her characteristic industrial-chic style of design. Known for her modern take on classic design elements, Schuyler’s signature use of hardwoods, bronze, and terrazzo can transform a bathroom into something truly special.
2. Christoper Haun: This Austin-based designer is known for his innovative mix of upscale materials and modern textures. From intricate tile work and copper-infused wall panels to sleek stainless steel and glass fixtures, Christopher’s designs can help make any bathroom look glamorous.
3. Sam Crawford Architects: Based in San Francisco, Sam Crawford Architects specialize in transforming residential spaces with modern and contemporary industrial design. Sam’s sophisticated use of mixed media, low-energy LEDs, and sustainable materials, makes for an awe-inspiring look.
4. Miro Diment Architects: This Seattle-based firm specializes in creating chic, industrial-style bathrooms. Working by combining classic and contemporary elements,Their projects often feature sleek metal textures, industrial lighting, and custom tilework.
5. Studio DB: This Los Angeles-based design firm is all about combining minimalist elements with industrial-style hardware and surfaces. With their emphasis on modern lighting, contemporary accents, and greenery, Studio DB can create an urban oasis of sorts in your bathroom.
It doesn’t matter what size or shape your bathroom is—with the help of an industrial designer, you can create a tranquil space that still looks cool and sophisticated. Here are some tips for creating a great industrial-style bathroom:
- Stick to a neutral color palette: Stick to colors like white, gray, and black, which create a timelessness look that is more in line with industrial style.
- Focus on angled shapes: Geometric shapes are a hallmark of industrial design. Think of ways to incorporate them into your bathroom with fixtures and lighting, or simply by playing with objects made of metal or ceramics.
- Keep your lighting simple: Industrial lighting does not showcase ornate details—instead, focus on simple, angular shapes with basic materials.
- Choose materials that last:Choose materials that will last for many years and require minimal maintenance, like stainless steel or concrete.
With the help of a designer and the tips above, you can create an industrial-style bathroom that perfectly blends function and style. Whether you go big on fixtures or opt for minimalistic accents, you can create a bathroom that is both stylish and timeless.
Just remember, when it comes to industrial design, the key is to stick to a simple palette and use a mix of both old and new elements. That way, you can create a modern space that feels luxurious yet relaxed.
The end result? A bathroom that both looks and works well—all thanks to industrial design.